Yeah! It's writing competition time again! Kids World Travel Guide invites you to the 4th annual essay competition!
Speaking different languages opens new worlds and lets us see the world with different eyes. Learning a foreign language is a gift that keeps giving as it opens doors to people's hearts.
Share with us what makes speaking different languages so special and let us know about your home language/s and foreign language learning experiences.
Explore our wonderful world and share your insights with us when you submit your short essay.
Join our annual writing competition on Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com! Write about your experiences, insights and favourite language learning tips and let all know what makes your language so special!
Be creative! And keep it positive, tell us about all the wonderful insights you have about your language or travel experience and wish others would know about.
Essay length: 300 - 400 words.
The essay may include the following topics:
The Essay has to be submitted in English, but may include words or phrases in a foreign language.
Essay length: 500 - 600 words
The essay may include the following topics:
Essay has to be submitted in English, but may include words or phrases in a foreign language.
Please spread the news about our new essay competition for buddying writers and young travellers. Looking forward to receiving all the wonderful essays from your students and children!
Here are some questions to start with when reflecting on languages:
Here is a famous Chinese proverb about language which might provide you with some ideas for your essay entry:
Wishing you all a wonderful time planning and writing your essay!
And remember: This year’s deadline is 1 November 2019!
Prizes: Each of the category winners (8-11 years/12-15 years) will receive a book voucher of US $50. The runner-up in each category will win a travel book prize worth $25.
The best essays in each category of the writing competition will be published on Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com and thus will be seen by thousands of visitors! The winning essays are also great publicity for your school, so let your teacher or headmaster know about this valuable and free opportunity to spread the word.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!
1. The 'The gift of Languages' competition is open to pupils in schools worldwide as well as homeschooling students. Learners taking part in the competition must fall into one of the two categories, ages 8 - 11 years and 12 -15 years. Parents and teachers can submit the children's essays online and can contact us with further queries via our contact form. Pupils also can apply but must be in possession of parental consent.
3. To participate in this competition, entrants must write a feature article on the topics as described above in approximately 500 words, see further details above. Entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entries will be judged on which are the most original, interesting and entertaining.
4. Entries should be submitted via the online entry form and must include the entrant’s (preferably the participant's school as well) full address and an email contact. Or your can send the entry within an email to info @ kids-world-travel-guide.com. Email attachments will not be accepted!
5. Entries must have been received by 1 November 2019 to be considered for the competition and possible publication on Kids World Travel Guide.
6. The judging panel will be the editor and team of Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
7. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to KidsWorldTravels to feature any or all of the submissions in any of its publications, its websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Illegible, incomplete or defaced entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. Two entries from all winning entries, one for each category, will be chosen for participation in a special blog article which will be published on the website on 15 November 2019.
10. The winning entrants of the 2019 annual competition will receive prizes. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days of the winner and runner-up being notified. Notification of winners by 15 November 2019. No correspondence or negotiation will be entered into after this period.
11. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication and are subject to availability. Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com is responsible for the publication, adjudication of this competition and the provision of the prizes.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the organiser and accordingly the organiser may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
Image credits on writing competition page: Shutterstock.com, Canva and own images