Join our inaugural writing competition! Your essay writing skills can earn you some great exposure and amazing travel books! Explore our wonderful world, share your insights and submit your short essay.
Join the inaugural writing competition on Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com! Write about your home country or your favourite holiday destination and let all know what makes your place so special!
Be creative! You can write about (almost;-) everything! And keep it positive, tell us about the best things to experience. For example you could write about:
Writing Competition Entry Fee: None. Online entries on separate writing competition form only. Click here.
Prizes: Total of up to US-$300: Each category winner will receive $50. The winner and the max. four runner-ups in each category will win a travel book prize worth $20.
Up to five of the best essays in each category of the writing competition will be published on Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com and thus seen by thousands of visitors every month! The two winner essays will additionally gain exposure on a special blog post in December 2016.
All shortlisted entries will be seen by a real editor in the publishing industry!
Good luck and enjoy the journey!
1. The 'My Country' competition is open to schools worldwide and pupils falling into one of the two categories, ages 8 - 11 years and 12 -15 years. Pupils and teachers can submit the essays online and can contact us with further queries via our contact form.
2. All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To participate in this competition, entrants must write a feature article on their favourite country in no more than 500 words. Entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entries will be judged on which are the most original, interesting and entertaining.
4. Entries should be submitted within an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the entrant’s (preferably the participant's school) full address and an email contact. Attachments will not be accepted!
5. Entries must be received by 30 June 2016 to be considered for publication in Kids World Travel Guide from 31 July 2016 onwards.
6. The judging panel will be the editor and team of Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
7. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to KidsWorldTravels to feature any or all of the submissions in any of its publications, its websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Illegible, incomplete or defaced entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. Two entries from all winning entries, one for each category, will be chosen for participation in the 'The Top 10 Countries' article which will be published in an separate article on the website in December 2016.
10. The ten winning entrants of the 2016 annual competition will receive book prizes each worth $20. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days of the winner being notified. The two winners chosen for participation in the 'Top Ten Countries' article at the end of the year will receive additionally $50 or equivalent currency and will be exchanged at the prevailing exchange rate and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered into.
11. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication and are subject to availability. Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com is responsible for the publication, adjudication of this competition and the provision of the prizes.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the organiser and accordingly the organiser may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
Image credits on writing competition page: Shutterstock.com and own images