Interesting Canada Facts for Kids
Here are some interesting Canada Facts which were choosen and reseached by kids especially for kids.
• Population: 34,4 million people live in Canada (2011)
• Capital: Ottawa, which means ", with 120,000 inhabitants.
• Name: Canada, Nickname:
• Government: Democracy
• Languages: English, French
• Religion: mainly Christians (Roman Catholics and Protestants)
• Currency: 1 Canadian Dollar (ISK)=100 Canadian cents
Canada is the second biggest country in the world with 3,855,101 sqmiles or 9,984,670sqkm.
Canada's biggest bay is Hudson Bay which was discovered in 1610.
Canada's longest river is McKenzie River in the North West. The river is 2,635miles or 4,241km long.
The highest mountain in Canada is with 19,551ft or 5,959m the Mount Logan in the Yukon Territory at the border with Alaska.
Life expectancy at birth is 81 years.
Literacy Rate is 99%.
Picture credits: Clipboard: 1.Meysam Sadat-Mansouri, 2.Sumair ur Rahman and 3.Cindy Pepper
Read more interesting facts about Canada here.
Return from Canada Facts to Kids World Travel Guide Homepage